Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Developer (MCITP: Database Developer)
is the premier certification for database designers and developers. This credential
demonstrates that you can design a secure, stable, enterprise database solution
by using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
Database developers design and implement relational database models (logical
and physical) and database storage objects. They also program servers by using
user-defined functions, triggers, stored procedures, Transact-SQL, or the CLR.
They retrieve or modify data using SQL queries or tune and optimize queries.
Database developers are typically employed by mid-sized to large-sized organizations.
How to earn your MCITP: Database Developer
MCITP candidates must pass two exams that focus on the following:
- Designing Database Testing and Code Management Procedures
- Designing an Application Solution for SQL Server 2005
- Designing Database Objects
- Designing a Database
- Developing Applications That Use SQL Server Support Services
Designing Efficient Access to a SQL Server Service
- Designing a Database Query Strategy
- Designing Error-Handling Routines
- Designing a Transaction Strategy
- Performance Tuning a Database and a Database Application