Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP: Database
Administrator) is the premier certification for database server administrators.
This certification demonstrates that you can keep up with your enterprise business
solutions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Database administrators install or configure Microsoft SQL Server and manage
or maintain databases or multidimensional databases, user accounts, database
availability, recovery, and reporting. They also design or implement security
or server automation and monitor and troubleshoot SQL Server activity. Database
administrators are typically employed by mid-size to large organizations.
How to earn your MCITP: Database Administrator
Candidates earn their MCITP: Database Administrator by passing two required
exams that focuses on the following:
- Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
- Designing Security for a Database Server Solution
- Designing a Physical Database
- Designing a Database Solution for High Availability
- Designing a Data Recovery Solution for a Database
- Designing a Strategy for Data Archiving Optimizing the
Performance of Database Servers and Databases
- Optimizing and Implementing a Data Recovery Plan for a
- Designing a Strategy to Monitor and Maintain a Database
- Designing a Database Data Management Strategy
- Designing a Strategy to Manage and Maintain Database Security
If you are a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), you may upgrade to the MCITP: Database Administrator certification by taking one upgrade exam instead of the two required exams. MCDBAs must still obtain the MCTS: SQL Server 2005 certification as a prerequisite.